Underground Railroad Network
In 2001, the homestead was admitted to the Underground Railroad Network to the Freedom Program.
National Historic Landmark
The house is formally designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1997.
Daughters of the American Revolution
In 1976, the house is recognized by the Daughters of the American Revolution.
National Register Recognition
In 1973, the house is placed on the National Register of Historic Sites.
House Deeded to Princeton
In 1972, the house is deeded to the city of Princeton.
The house is formally dedicated in 1971.
Restoration Process Begins
Later in 1970, and up until 1972, the home was restored. The building was raised 8 feet into the a
A grant was obtained in 1970 from the state of Illinois for $30,000, for the purpose of restoring th
Restoration Committee Formed
Concerned citizens of Princeton formed a Restoration Committee, and the home was saved from the bull
Between the years of 1951-1966, the home changed owners many times, and was also vacant for a number
The home was purchased in 1931 by Jay Spaulding and his daughter, Sue Gross, who did some restoratio
Eunice Lovejoy Dies
In 1899, Eunice (Denham) Lovejoy died. Her daughters and one of Owen's sons lived in the home for
East Section Added
Over the course of the 1850's, the east section of the house was added.
House Built by Denham
In 1837, the house was built by Butler Denham. It served as a farm house, surrounded by almost 130